Saturday, October 8, 2005

Tremmor


Quokka, Kabul, Afghanistan, October 9, 2005


Just after I finished packing in Kabul this morning we had a small but noticeable earthquake. Learned since that it hit with deadly force in and north of Islamabad.

Meanwhile, I've left Afghanistan, perhaps for good. I'm bittersweet about that because I've left behind some friends who are suffering from some pretty bad management. On the other hand I'm personally happy to be back in India, where things generally work. I'm planning an early night tonight but I have a lot of tasks for tomorrow, including:


  • watching the Japanese Grand Prix - this will be just the second race I've been able to see on TV this year;
  • getting a shave and a haircut from my friendly neighborhood roadside barber hovel,
    buying a phone charger and credits,
  • investigating flying to Nepal,
  • investigating getting to Dubai on the 29th,
    finishing a little bit of left-over Oxfam work.

No comments:

Post a Comment