Monday, October 10, 2005

Earthquake SITREPs


Jenny Talbert, 2001


Well, my holiday is cancelled - but I'm still in New Delhi. Instead of traveling around India on my own dime I'm going to be working at the Oxfam Regional Centre on the 'India - Pakistan Border Earthquake' relief. Today I helped prepare a SITREP ('Situation Report', apparently) and I'll be doing that each day as well as, I hope, other more exciting stuff.

This came about after I decided to volunteer to help yesterday. I also contacted the Red Cross / Red Crescent and they accepted my help this morning but I feel I should commit to Oxfam as they're still paying my salary. I explained this to the Red Cross person and he said he understood and all was well as long as we were all helping people - very friendly and it sounded as if he was almost inviting me over for a Kingfisher!

No comments:

Post a Comment