Saturday, October 15, 2005

Movie reviews


Wyoming, April, 2002

Yesterday I solved the Oxfam loyalty issue described on Thursday. I had to sit at Oxfam for 3 1/2 hours to get a meeting with the Human Resources manager but to her credit it only took her 3 1/2 minutes to agree that Oxfam is legally liable for their signed contract. Whew.

I then saw the first half of an amazingly bad movie and then a rather good substitute. The first was "Monster in Law" with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez. What was Jane thinking? It wasn't just bad - it was completely boring. I left at the intermission (Indian cinemas have intermissions!) and a friend who was subjected to it on a plane assures me that I didn't miss any redemption in the second half. Then I saw "Flightplan" with Jodie Foster. It's a pretty good psychological thriller with fairly little necessary suspension of disbelief. I'm giving it a 7.75 in my movie database. [Later addition: interestingly, I see Internet Movie Database users have given it only a 6.00. I rarely give higher scores than they do.] (I'm giving "Monster in Law" a 4.50 - which makes it the first addition to my 'worst movies' list since 1997.)

No comments:

Post a Comment