Sunday, October 9, 2005

Indian cinema


Brigitte, 1977

Just saw "Red Eye" - quite a good thriller. I like that it didn't have too many unbelievable aspects. I'm fine with the absurd when that's the point, but not when reality is the goal. It's the 727th film I've seen since I started recording notes. (You could go to my cinema database page here.)

Observations on Indian cinemas (or at least the PVM in Delhi):

  • computerized seat reservation is excellent,
  • projected censors' certificates (before commercials, previews and the feature) - including hand-written remarks and X-d out text are amusing,
  • intermission is disruptive
  • cleanliness is pleasing.
With respect to good management accountability, let me review today's goals as established yesterday:

  • watching the Japanese Grand Prix - this will be just the second race I've been able to see on TV this year; DONE,
  • getting a shave and a haircut from my friendly neighborhood roadside barber hovel, DONE,
  • buying a phone charger and credits, DONE,
  • investigating flying to Nepal, PARTLY DONE,
  • investigating getting to Dubai on the 29th, PARTLY DONE,
  • finishing a little bit of left-over Oxfam work. AMAZINGLY, DONE.
Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment