Monday, September 19, 2005

Taj Mahal


Taj Mahal
September 17, 2005

I had a splendid weekend with colleagues Quokka, Candace and Christian and Quokka's friends Miranda, Finn and Jeremy. We returned by train from Agra to Delhi on Sunday. I like Indian train travel - at least the two trips I've had so far. As my friends here now know, if it's on rails I love it and I hope to go to the Railway Museum before leaving Delhi. The Indian trains I've seen seem a bit antiquated but quite smooth and quite efficient. Our trip to and from Agra took about three hours. The train is electric-hauled and the track gauge is broader than standard (but I haven't found what it is yet).

We had a fairly busy weekend although we didn't see everything that was on our list. On Saturday we visited the Taj Mahal and its thousands of other tourists. On Sunday morning three of us went to the Agra fort. Both were wonderful. I'm currently selecting pictures for a Taj Mahal and an Agra Fort web page.

Today is our forth-last day in New Delhi.

I've updated my map of countries I've visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment