Sunday, September 11, 2005

Delhi


Two men and a goat on a motorcycle, New Delhi, September 11, 2005


Some colleagues and I arrived yesterday in New Delhi for two weeks. It's marvelous. As well as being intrinsically interesting we like it because it's secure and we are free to walk around or ride in taxis. Today colleagues Christian and Quokka and I went shopping, strolling in a park, and motor-rickshaw driving, and had a couple of delightful meals. Best of all we met my friend Baljit who works here in New Delhi for Oxfam. Looking forward to seeing her tomorrow.


In between all this I was able to watch the my first Formula 1 Grand Prix on TV since the one I actually attended in Kuala Lumpur in March. (Normally I work on Sundays so it's impossible.) It was terrific.


Tomorrow we begin induction training at Oxfam's South Asia headquarters here in New Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment