Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Kingfisher beer


Habitat Centre, New DelhiSeptember 2005


Yesterday's induction training at Oxfam here in New Delhi was all about sexual exploitation and it was much more interesting than I'd expected. [The general response to my prepared story about a woman put at risk [see September 13] was about management's response - mainly disciplinary action against the male.]



Went to a marvelous restaurant last night and enjoyed Kingfisher beer and stuffed chicken.
Oh - I didn't describe our flight here. I hoped for a window seat so as to be able to admire the Himalayas but I was stuck in the aisle. But I was stuck in the aisle in business class because Oxfam had determined that the cheapest way to get our departing Country Director's personal effects to Delhi would be to give us business class seats with the extra baggage allowance. But when we were on the tarmac identifying the bags before boarding, one of hers seemed to be missing and we had to wait ages under the plane. I am now fully knowledgeable (if not certified) in the maintenance instructions for Airbus 320's nose wheel assembles. The two-hour flight included a quite nice meal and of course two Kingfishers.



I think Quokka is intimidated and rightly so. We haven't played any Scrabble since we arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment