Thursday, February 24, 2011

BBC Style, accuracy and grammar

I have often said that the three best things to come from Britain are the Beatles, Marmite and the BBC. But sometimes I wonder about that last one.

The BBC's on-line presence seems to be making more and more style, accuracy and grammar mistakes. I often report them to their feedback site, including this example which pertains to my greatest fear - general public acceptance of apostrophes misplaced into plurals.

"One proposal that was approved was a requirement that unopposed candidate's for the company's board receive a majority in order to be appointed." [link]

Or perhaps I'm just very old-fashioned.

3 comments:

  1. You will appreciate this: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

    ReplyDelete
  2. I VERY much appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, keep writing i will love to visit this blog again..

    ReplyDelete