Sunday, May 15, 2011

Not allowed to use Facebook - a blessing in disguise

Hello Blogosphere,

I'm volunteering for a month in Haiti and just learned that we are not allowed to use Facebook (not only while on duty but at anytime in the compound). This comes at a time when I've been feeling increasingly guilty and remiss because I have not been blogging regularly in months (and never really did a good job ever). As many of my friends know (but as certain others pointedly don't know), Facebook makes communication so easy but it is too exclusionary. While the majority of the world are unconnected, at least those who are online can see most blogs without signing up to anything evil.

An additional issue is that I thought I had no means of explaining this to my Facebook friends.

After lamenting this for a while I suddenly realized that a) my blog forwards to Facebook and b) this is a good kick in my Internet-ass to update my blog.

So... my next post will be a brief update on the last year or so.

1 comment: