Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trans Siberian Railway Day 1


I am writing this after my first night on the Trans Siberian Railway. I hope I’ll be able to post it in Yekaterinburg tonight. This first leg of the railway is my training exercise – one night aboard followed by a night in a hotel (rather than the hostels I could only afford in St. Petersburg and Moscow). Tomorrow night I begin a three-night leg towards Irkutsk.

Quick first impressions of the train journey so far:

• Staff service better than expected
• Toilet nicer than expected
• Breakfast much more delicious than expected
• Vodka (last night of course) cheaper than expected
• Dining car much less a social centre than expected

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, looking forward to more Russian dispatches & pics. If you run into any hockey players, show them this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/pointofview/2010/06/paul-hendersons-jersey-what-would-you-love-to-own.html

    Cheers,

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a great information from your site about trans siberian railway. I am very happy for that. It has been very usable to me. Thank you for your nice blog.

    ReplyDelete