Friday, July 2, 2010

St. Petersburg to Moscow. First class. 201 Kph.

[I wrote this on the St. Petersburg to Moscow train two days ago, but could not access my blog until today.]

I am currently travelling from St. Petersburg to Moscow on what will be the most luxurious part of my travels. Even after spending four nights in a (very clean and comfortable) hostel dormitory – with more cost-saving shared dormitory nights to come – I decided to travel first class on the new high speed St. Petersburg to Moscow train. None of the nine nights I’ll be spending on the Trans Siberian Railway will be this comfortable.





The train reached 201 Kph but averaged less than 1050 Kph. Service was exemplary. I can only afford this level of quality for this short ride - but I am sure I will enjoy the Trans Siberian anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment