Saturday, March 20, 2010


I am in Havana on Rest and Recuperation from Haiti, where I worked never less than ten hours a day from February 2 until March 27. So far I have done little more than sleeping, reading a book about Cuba and the CIA, and walking around (and taking my first bath since October) but I’ll be taking a tour of the city tomorrow and making a start on the museums.

Although I am one of very many tourists I’m discovering Havana seem wonderfully uncommercial. I’m in a charming hotel that is full of colour and flowers – with no advertising or tackiness.




(NOTE: The water was that colour when it came out of the tap.)

There really are old American cars here. At least one I noticed (shown last below) would have been quite old even at the revolution. As many of these beauties are taxis I might get a ride in one but the taxi from the airport was a Kia - and seemed to be in worse condition than these.

I'd like to caption these - can anybody identify them?









1 comment:

  1. Tom, nice pics of Havana. I have not been there since 1989. I am sure it has changed a lot - except for the cars! Sorry, not able to ID them for you.
    Enjoy your time there. Would love to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete