Friday, March 21, 2008

Ms S. and Tom are getting married


Ms S., or 'Sharky'

I admit it: I've been placing teasers on my Skype(tm) and Crackbook profiles about getting married tomorrow. Yes it's true - and yes, it's been fast but it's also totally wonderful.

Sharky and I met here in Kabul in November when I was working for an International NGO and she was working for a national NGO. We didn't speak the first time I went to her office but we caught each other's eyes and I thought a lot about her afterwards and worked hard to make another meeting there happen. When I went to that meeting she wasn't there and I was sad but she came in at the end and I gave her my card, not knowing whether or not she spoke English. But Sharky is a very westernized Afghan who has actually lived in Afghanistan less than I have.

I'm too shy to explain all the ways she's incredible and we're too worried about some security and cultural circumstances for me to reveal almost anything of her biography but we are in love and we are marrying tomorrow evening. Watch this space for pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tom! That's so exciting. I can't wait to see pics so post them soon. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Lady M and I are sending you all of our very best wishes!

    ReplyDelete