Friday, August 31, 2007

Ottawa


Dad in front of his new house in Ottawa

As I mentioned recently I could not give myself enough of a holiday between jobs and my Ottawa trip was also far too rushed. I had a nice time though, with one highlight being the aftermath of a lovely dinner at the Glen Scottish restaurant... where I forgot to leave a tip. The service there is always friendly and so when I went back the next morning to pay up they joked about taking my name down from the front window and so on. If I hadn't tipped them I wouldn't be welcome when I get back from Afghanistan.

I only had three nights in Ottawa and I was pretty busy with sorting through my personal effects, moving some to and from Osgoode Mini Storage (a division of 1457993 Ontario Inc.), and getting my Indian visa. Then I was off to Kabul.

No comments:

Post a Comment