Thursday, August 21, 2008

2008 weight-loss campaign - introduction

I need to lose weight (I'm about 85 kg and only 168 cm) and I've set a target of getting down to 75 kg before January 1, 2009.

Will you help to motivate me?

I'm inviting all my friends to pledge to donate so much per 100 g I lose to an Afghan charity. For instance, if somebody pledges US $0.25 per 100 g and I manage to lose 11 kg they would donate $27.50. If somebody in Afghanistan pledges AFG 10 per 100 g and I lose that 11 kg they would donate AFG 1,100.

I propose that half of all money raised should go to an Afghan charity nominated by the Afghan individual who pledges the most per 100 g and the other half of all the money raised should go to an Afghan charity nominated by the non-Afghan individual who pledges the most.

I will have an official witnessed kick-off weighing on Saturday 23rd. That will give me about 18 weeks to lose the approximately 10 kg I'm targetting.

Please e-mail me (tom@haythornthwait.net) me if you'd like to pledge. I need to know the amount you will donate (in USD or AFG) per 100 g and optionally, the Afghan charity you hope the donations will beneift. (Remember, the actual choice will belong to the Afghan and the non-Afghan who pledge the most.) I'll keep your name private.

I will post progress reports, tales of agonizing starvation - or triumph, as well as tables of donations potentially raised here. (Please post encouraging comments!)

Please wish me luck - and please pledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment