Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Belgrade

I began today at Belgrade's very interesting Muzej automobila (automobile museum). Amongst other rarities it includes a Cadillac, Mercedes and motorcycle ridden by Marshal Tito. The Mercedes cabriolet has serial number 000001 - the Mercedes museum in Germany only has 000003. They also have a German WWII amphibious car ridden (more recently) by Michael Palin. I spoke with someone who I think was the director and collection owner, Mr. Bratislav Petković. The museum is clearly a labor of love and I was impressed.

Then I walked for MANY kilometres around town and along the river - I'd like to upload some photos but this computer does not seem to recognize my flash card reader. More soon.

Off back to Istanbul tomorrow morning. It'll take until late afternoon just to get to Sofia, and then I'll be back in Turkey the following morning.

1 comment:

  1. Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete