Saturday, November 10, 2007

Housing in Kabul

I have been in transitory housing since August 18 and it has been tiresome but the end is in sight. On Thursday I will move into the communal guest house I expect to live in until the end of November 2008. Unfortunately I'll have to switch rooms a final time in a couple more weeks but stability is getting closer. The first thing I want to do when I really settle down is to stick up some nice photos I've been carrying around.

I can not say that I have not been in comfortable surroundings some of the time since August. When I arrived this time in Kabul (on September 2) I moved into a nice commercial guest house for a while. Now I am house sitting a colleague's house which is very comfortable.


Colleague's house. I walk back and forth across the garden and down the driveway for exercise.



Wonderful housekeeper Ibrahim.



Ibrahim's adorable children. His beautiful wives declined - cheerfully but predictably - to be photographed.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, brings back fond memories of finding shelter by housesitting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Asmara 1998. Ben-Bob scored with (and maybe in?) the Pleasure Dome, as I recall. I can only dream of house sitting in his league.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful kids; just their clothing makes me happy!
    I can't wait to see the other photos at your site. Ben sings your praises.

    ReplyDelete