Thursday, March 15, 2007

Things to know and forget about me

My friend Melissa sent out one of those surveys where you reveal your soul. Here are my answers:

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Aid work Project Coordinator
2. Landmine mapper
3. Census mapper

4. Glacier researcher

Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. "Casablanca"
2. "Once were Warriors"

3. "American Beauty"
4. "Monty Python's Life of Brian"


Four places I have lived:
1. Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
2. Buchanan, Liberia
3. Kabul, Afghanistan

4. Asmara, Eritrea (favorite)

Four TV shows I like to watch:
1. I hate TV. Though... I do hope to watch the Formula 1 races this year.


Four places I have vacationed:
1. Perth, Australia
2. Perth, Scotland
3. Perth, Canada
4. Amsterdam


Four of my favorite foods:
1. steak
2. bananas

3. cheese
4. more steak


Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Inver, Scotland
2. Montreal
3. Perth, Australia

4. The Grand Canyon [I could really go on and on in this category]

Four favorite authors:
1. E.M. Forster
2. Graham Greene
3. Greg Keelor (if writing music counts)
4. Ian McEwen


Four friends I think will respond [when this was a survey you were supposed to ask your friends to compete]: - I hate pressurizing anybody



Least favorite movies
1. "Dracula. Dead and Loving it"
2-16 please see:
http://www.haythornthwaite.net/cinema/worst.html



What are you most afraid of?
1. Snakes
2. My future



What do you drive?
I'm not allowed to drive but I'm driven around in Mahindra Scorpios and other fine Mahindra products.



Where were you born? Manchester General Hospital, Manchester, UK.



Ever been toilet-papering trees? Not yet.


Favorite restaurant? Please see: http://www.haythornthwaite.net/misc/lists/favorite_restaurants.htm


Favorite sport to watch?
1) Formula 1 racing
2) Anything with women in tight or short clothing



Favorite Drink? Tequila and beer side by side. However, I also crave fresh milk when I'm in a developing country that doesn't have it.


Favorite Ice cream? Banana



What color is your bedroom Carpet? Marble floor


How many times did you fail your driver's test? Passed first time.


What do you do most often when you are bored? Filling in questionnaires like these.


What are you listening to right now? A loud fan - because my Merlin computer got 'fixed' with a corrupt copy of XP and I can't play my music or even recharge my MP3 player.



What are your favorite colors? Most shades of green



Do you have any pets? My 23 year old cat died last year so none except 'Ratty' (also known as 'Karuna') - our household rat who can steel coconut out of a trap with impunity.


What would you like to accomplish before you die?
Reducing suffering

1 comment: