Thursday, October 5, 2006

Nattering on about leaving Buchanan


Near Hargeisa, Somaliland, March 2003


Sorry, it has been about a month since my last entry - but that time went very quickly for me. I've been very very busy at work and there have now been a few developments.

The newest is that I've decided that I wouldn't accept any renewal offer with Merlin in Liberia. It's nothing against Merlin - I've applied for several Merlin jobs in other countries (and a few non-Merlin jobs). I've had two good-feeling interviews for a similar job in Darfur and tomorrow morning I'll have an interview for an equivalent to my current job in Sri Lanka.

In order to impress Islamic Aid (apparently unsuccessfully) for a photographer position I posted
this portfolio of some of my developing country shots. (I've used a few on my blog pages.)

I will probably leave Liberia on December 6. First I'll go to London for debriefing and then some visiting. Dad and I are talking about going to Malta for Christmas. Then I'll come back to Canada and even the States for a little bit... I'm telling prospective employers that I'll be available in mid-January. (Any prospective employers out there?)

Hey! I'm not able to see many good movies here - in fact very few at all because I don't buy pirated DVDs - but my friend Nienke wrote so effusively about
Code Inconnu that I had it sent by Amazon. Though it's directed by Michael Haneke it reminds me so much of films by my favorite director, Atom Egoyan. Lots of long sequence shots. Loved it. Thanks Nienke!

No comments:

Post a Comment