Sunday, July 23, 2006

MSF versus Merlin


Merlin (red) take Medecins sans frontieres (blue) to a hard-fought 0-0 draw at the Buchanan fairground
July 22, 2006




Buchanan market
July 22, 2006




Buchanan
July 22, 2006



Buchanan
July 22, 2006



Yesterday was the first recent football match between the Merlin staff and Medecins sans frontieres staff here in Buchanan. Despite predictions of victory by both teams they played to a tiring 0-0 draw in front of a couple of dozen fans. Many were disappointed that there was no overtime or penalty shoot-out but the nets were being taken down before anyone realized and the referee would probably have wanted a supplement to his $15 game fee. Anyway, congratulations to Merlin (and MSF, I suppose)!


On the way back from the game I had a nice stroll through the Buchanan market and then on to the Merlin base. It was nice to shoot some cheerful pictures.



Running, um, continues. After pressure from Lord Coe, Haile Gebreselassie, and Bill Rogers I am simplifying my time chart - I will just show the total course time (currently composed of my run and walk) which will, I hope, continue to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment